DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (
-   Concrete, Stone & Masonry (
-   -   Foundation/Parging Fix (

Kurtiswm 07-20-2013 12:52 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Attachment 73977

Attachment 73979

I purchased a house and noticed after doing an inspection the foundation has a chunk missing out of it. Looks like the eaves wasn't draining far enough away and the elbow was probably popped off. Anyways what would be the best repair method for restoring this back. Should I drill into the concrete and drive metal rods into the existing concrete and put in some mesh and concrete to hold it in place??? Some proper insight would be greatly appreciated.

MTN REMODEL LLC 07-20-2013 11:00 PM

Kurt... From the pic's , I think you are just wanting a cosmetic fix (not a structural issue.)

If that corner fits, I'd glue it back on with a urethane like Gorilla glue.

Willie T 07-20-2013 11:27 PM

Paint it with a product called Link, or an equivalent masonry adhesion prep, and then just begin building it back up with stucco (Home Depot), a little at a time, till in a few days it is back to where you want it.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:29 PM.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1