Foundation Leak Repair - Concrete, Stone & Masonry - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Concrete, Stone & Masonry

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 12-30-2013, 02:08 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 101

Foundation Leak Repair

Need help with a leak, Need a best advise or quick way to stop water leak coming threw the foundation . The power to the well and well water coming into the house it's where it's leaking! The leaks are about 4 feet below the frost line and will not be able to dig it out until spring or summer .
And I do have one crack below a window sill that is also sprung a leak and was planning on a DIY low pressure hydro epoxy repair kit , has any one use these will it work with hair line cracks?

Attached Thumbnails
Foundation Leak Repair-ceiling-leaks-march-2013-096.jpg  

Advertisement

bote110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 05:43 PM   #2
MarginallyQualified

Rewards Points: 2,284

Foundation Leak Repair

Quote:
Originally Posted by bote110 View Post

Need a best advise... to stop water leak coming threw the foundation .
...about 4 feet below the frost line and will not be able to dig it out until spring or summer .
When you can... dig in there.
Pack the hole and then coat the wall.

Advertisement

TarheelTerp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 06:11 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 626

Foundation Leak Repair

wow! not a easy fix persay, Were are located? sure you don't have a broken water line? if it were me I would be getting a back hoe and digging it up and running a french drain around my home. then drying the inside of the foundation wall. put some hydroban on it two coats and your problem is solved.
Nailbags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 06:38 PM   #4

Foundation Leak Repair

The back yard needs to be graded away fro the house ,so I need to get more fill . My sump pump has not come on and it's a couple of feet away from the puddle of water to the right. I don't think the holes were patch right from the outside! What would be best to patch from the inside , summer time going to have to patch from the outside before I build our patio witch will be right above it , I got a french drain under the slab {floor} .
What is the best way to pack there is a pvc pipe where the power line and water line runs threw ?

Last edited by bote110; 12-30-2013 at 06:42 PM.
Old 12-30-2013, 06:39 PM   #5
Master General ReEngineer

Rewards Points: 2,278

Foundation Leak Repair

Ayuh,.... I agree,... Foundation leak fixes usually start Outside the house,...
Bondo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 06:34 AM   #6

Rewards Points: 2,466

Foundation Leak Repair

IF you had noted your location as forum asked, it would make things MUCH easier on responders,,, no, its not too late to dig - more difficult perhaps if there's 5' of frost but not impossible,,, doesn't look as if the problem started just the other day so either live w/it til the ground thaws or,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

emecole is diy friendly altho I suspect their patience is often tested either dig outside & seal properly OR seal from the inside w/hydrophobic or hydrophyllic polyurethane grout,,, we've had luck sealing crks down to about .003" wide,,, doubtful we'd use it on the crk's windowsill.

[ no $ interest ]

Last edited by stadry; 01-01-2014 at 06:40 AM.
stadry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 01:15 PM   #7

Foundation Leak Repair

Yes I'm planning on waiting in the spring time to dig outside but I thing I need to dig that foam on the right side and pack both with dry hydrophobic as much as I can the patch with wet hydrophobic polyurethane grout. You think that will work? The other crack bellow the window sill is a settling crack that sprung a leak like 3 feet down It's only a pin hole but would like to seal it also with a kit like this :
http://www.bestmaterials.com/detail.aspx?ID=20052
what do you think?
Old 01-01-2014, 02:25 PM   #8
Retired from the grind

Rewards Points: 2,490

Foundation Leak Repair

Really depending on where you are, and how cold it has been, the ground may still be warm enough, you can get it done now, then waiting for the Spring to roll around.

You can always build a tent to place heaters under, so that the space is warm and dry.
Ren: Now listen, Cadet. I've got a job for you. See this button? Ren: Don't touch it! It's the History Eraser button, you fool! Stimpy: So what'll happen? Ren: That's just it. We don't know. Maybe something bad, maybe something good. I guess we'll never know, 'cause you're going to guard it. You won't touch it, will you?
gregzoll is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 03:10 PM   #9
Concrete & Masonry

Rewards Points: 2,144

Foundation Leak Repair

For a hairline leaking crack, a kit like in the link may work. I've tried similar professional epoxies with varying results.

For the two bigger holes, remove all the "Great Stuff" and try something like this:
http://www.euclidchemical.com/produc...84&pselect=184

Obviously, the best bet would be to dig outside, but there's no need to do so now if these approaches work for now.............
jomama45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 04:48 AM   #10

Rewards Points: 2,466

Foundation Leak Repair

' pack w/hydrophobic ' ? patch ? no, its injected into the crk 1/2 inside the wall thru a crk-intersection drilled hole OR, sometimes, directly into a sealed crk,,, that's why emecole suggestion - euclid's good stuff & we've used it, too,,, nevertheless, emecole's more diy friendly.

what do i think ? already posted response - you asked the ? so my answer should be obvious

Advertisement

Last edited by stadry; 01-02-2014 at 04:50 AM.
stadry is offline   Reply With Quote