Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Concrete, Stone & Masonry

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-15-2012, 08:02 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Foundation Leak/Blueskin

This seems like the proper sub-forum for this question. If not I apologize and move it as you see fit.

I'm in the middle of water proofing my basement. One footing was removed/repoured at a lower level, block wall was built, house is dug up and trench is done for the weeping tile. In my basement the sump is already in and trench is backfilled on the inside.

To my question though, I'm blueskinning the whole thing. Would you patch the cracks with hydraulic cement before doing that? I've asked around and got mixed answers but most people said the blueskin will do the trick and I don't need to do the extra work. I don't see the harm of doing it but would I be wasting my time?

Wirepuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 08:25 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 3,002

Foundation Leak/Blueskin

So where's the picture?

joecaption is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 08:34 PM   #3

Foundation Leak/Blueskin

Hahaha I wondered if anyone would recognize me/remember that. I don't have a camera, and I learned all the pictures I upload from my phone contain personal information in them which I'm not putting on the web. Granted it can be removed and I've looked into it, but I'm pretty tech-retarded/lazy with that stuff.

I can try and snag a camera from someone and snap some pics. That was concerning the one big crack I had, where the block wall was pulling away from the original poured foundation. The block wall was anchored into the other wall. Upon digging though I noticed a couple other cracks, but not nearly as big.

Last edited by Wirepuller; 08-15-2012 at 09:14 PM.
Old 08-15-2012, 10:07 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 2,000

Foundation Leak/Blueskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wirepuller View Post
I learned all the pictures I upload from my phone contain personal information in them which I'm not putting on the web. .

Wait...what?? ???

How about send the picture from your phone to your own email first. Then upload it here?
creeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 06:41 PM   #5

Foundation Leak/Blueskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by creeper View Post
Wait...what?? ???

How about send the picture from your phone to your own email first. Then upload it here?
Hmm I don't know if that would work, wouldn't the info still be embedded in it? All I know is I posted pics on another forum and someone messaged me with a picture of all my information, including my address on it.