Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Concrete, Stone & Masonry

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 04-10-2012, 02:42 PM   #1

Share |

flat driveway :( any options....

I donít know the entire story but at some point the previous homeowner had the whole drive way redone and it has no slope. Which means during the winter I get puddles in my garage or if it rains a lot. Hosing out the garage is a pain and takes a lot of broom bushing to get water out of the garage where it will not go down the flat driveway.

My question is could I at least get some kind of little slope in my garage using an epoxy floor sealer? I would even look into paying for the job just seeing if I have any options or if im just SOL without busting up the driveway.

Thanks!
detyianni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 03:43 PM   #2
Tool Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by detyianni View Post
.... could I at least get some kind of little slope in my garage using an epoxy floor sealer?.....
I don't think an epoxy floor sealer is going to be thick enough.
Do you have a garage door threshold?
That would at least keep the rain out.

http://www.amazon.com/Sensible-Solut.../dp/B00008WFT7
Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

& Stay Safe
.....Bob Lavery
PaliBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 06:34 PM   #3

Heres you best solution. The transition from your garage slab to the driveway should be at least a 1" 1/2 difference. The garage should close over that lip, which in your case is flush thus causing water to blow in.

Sawcut a 2" 1/4 wide trench by 3" deep across the length of the garage and install pool decking drain (actually depth and width may vary). This will divert water to the corners keeping garage dry.
TRUEPRO is offline   Reply With Quote