Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Concrete, Stone & Masonry

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-06-2012, 05:30 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Fixing a hole in a pre-formed fountain ledge/seat

First time poster here with few skills in this area.

The State Fair booth my agency operates has a smallish, stand-alone fountain with a removeable lava rock area on top where the water pours out into the basin beneath.

The plastic basin is surrounded by a ring a pre-formed concrete that is topped by a ledge or seating area. Truth be told, the ledge is not really strong enough for someone to sit or stand on it, and that's where the problem came from.

Someone either sat or stepped on a weak spot on the ledge and broke a hole (about 7 inches wide and 8 inches long. I still have the pieces.

My question is this:

Can I lay some kind of non-stick material down on the floor, flip the ledge piece upside down on top of the material, lay some chicken wire down across the hole and then pour some quikcrete into the hole. In my mind, I should just be able to let it set and flip the thing back rightside up and have the hole patched nicely and ready to be painted over.

I know it can't be this simple, so I thought I'd seek some expert DIY advice..

Thanks in advance!!

Dan

Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote