Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Concrete, Stone & Masonry

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-29-2013, 09:42 AM   #1

Share |

Expansion Joint Sealeant

All --

I need to repair some old self-leveling sealeant that's come loose and in some parts have been removed entirely on my sidewalk and around a few other areas. I'm in the norteast, so the winters are cold and summers are hot. Which product and method do you recommend to fill in the joint expansion joints?? Looking for a definitive guide and good product on getting this done. Thanks!

hboogz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 04:48 AM   #2

Expansion Joint Sealeant

self-leveling depends ( more than non-sag does ) on clean sidewalls for proper adhesion,,, its also important sealant has proper depth:width ratio,,, we also have temp caused exp & contr just no frost heaves

we used ge 100% silicone for the 1st NYSDOT conc pvmt jnt sealing,,, we also used polysulfide but now i'd suggest either 100% silicone or polyurethane - use the non-sag version - clean sidewalls properly - ' tool ' sufficiently

stadry is offline   Reply With Quote