DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (
-   Concrete, Stone & Masonry (
-   -   Epoxy (

cbaur88 03-14-2012 01:26 PM

Does anyone know the proper name or the name of a product used between concrete joints? I had this epoxy rubber type material in the space between my two large concrete slabs for my driveway. It's since deteriorated down to almost nothing. I also often see this epoxy type material used in the joints throughout the city mainly in front of large office buildings. Thanks so much in advance :)

stadry 03-14-2012 06:19 PM

it should've been neither caulk NOR epoxy,,, most likely it probably was either polyurethane OR silicone - both are sealants & need to be installed correctly to result in acceptable service life,,, you can find info by looking at dow-corning's install directions which also notes the use of closed cell backer rod to prevent full adhesion as you only want joint sealant to adhere to the joint walls - good luck !

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:19 AM.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.