Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Concrete, Stone & Masonry

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 02-05-2013, 04:03 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

diamond grinding/polishing pads?

can i find these at any local concrete shop or will i need to shop online,

Dantro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 05:32 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 2,372

for the avg diy'er, ebay's a good place to begin,,, there's just too much of a learning curve to help you in a forum - diamond concentration & grit size are the most important parts,,, doubt seriously any conc co will stock these due to high cost of inventory, various rpm's needed to run the pads, & hp of the tool,,, usually begin w/metals then graduate to resins,,, wet or dry is another choice that's important,,, don't know of a diy-friendly place but you might start w/granQuartz,,, while this is a fairly expensive process, more importantly the skills aren't easy to acquire - good luck !

stadry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 07:07 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 10

I be found there hard to find locally. And as you said there is a lot of variables.
However working with natural stone, glass, and tile. I feel like I'm up for a challenge. I ll continue to do my research, and experiment. Always open to advice, thanks
Dantro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 05:24 AM   #4

Rewards Points: 2,372

granite city tool ( barre, vt ) is another 1,,, they're mostly pro supply but will work w/you,,, also try http://www.egaonline.com/egamembers/ & pick out some supply houses

you have to remember they know what they're talking about & may have trouble understanding the language you use much like my bride, nagzille, when she tries to describe something to me we often don't speak the same language
stadry is offline   Reply With Quote