Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Concrete, Stone & Masonry

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 05-08-2012, 11:23 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Cracks around inground pool. How do I repair?

I started opening the pool and while waiting for the chlorine to work it's magic, I wanted to address the cracks around the perimeter. There are several cracks that run the entire length from pool edge to the yard surrounding the pool. Is there a filler I can buy to fill in theses cracks? What prep work do I need to do? Also, should I buy a sealer? I can take more pics if needed. Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Cracks around inground pool.  How do I repair?-pool-concrete-001.jpg   Cracks around inground pool.  How do I repair?-pool-concrete-003.jpg   Cracks around inground pool.  How do I repair?-pool-concrete-004.jpg   Cracks around inground pool.  How do I repair?-pool-concrete-005.jpg   Cracks around inground pool.  How do I repair?-pool-concrete-006.jpg  

Attached Images

emory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 07:04 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 1,022

Quote:
Originally Posted by emory View Post
I started opening the pool and while waiting for the chlorine to work it's magic, I wanted to address the cracks around the perimeter. There are several cracks that run the entire length from pool edge to the yard surrounding the pool. Is there a filler I can buy to fill in theses cracks? What prep work do I need to do? Also, should I buy a sealer? I can take more pics if needed. Thanks!

Don't know if this site will help for what you need to do,but might be worth a try,you'll have to scroll down to get to deck repair products,good luck.

http://www.poolcenter.com/pool_repai...plies_temp.htm

Canarywood1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Canarywood1 For This Useful Post:
emory (05-09-2012)
Old 05-08-2012, 07:18 PM   #3
Retired from the grind

Rewards Points: 2,256

Can you take a picture farther back showing more of the pool deck that is in pictures two through four. As for that white strip, it is there to allow the deck to move. My guess is that the section of deck that has cracked, was either not compacted when they backfilled after doing the pool, or has washed out.

I would get someone in to inspect both the deck and the pool, due to if you have a liner on your's, or have never replaced it if there is one, you do not know how the concrete under the liner looks. Call your local pool companies to have them come out and look at it, along with a company that does concrete work to tell if there are hidden problems under the deck.
Ren: Now listen, Cadet. I've got a job for you. See this button? Ren: Don't touch it! It's the History Eraser button, you fool! Stimpy: So what'll happen? Ren: That's just it. We don't know. Maybe something bad, maybe something good. I guess we'll never know, 'cause you're going to guard it. You won't touch it, will you?
gregzoll is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to gregzoll For This Useful Post:
emory (05-09-2012)