DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Costs re Front brick veneer needs replacement

4K views 17 replies 7 participants last post by  user1007 
#1 · (Edited)

#2 ·
You need to be making some local calls to some masons in your area.
It's not going to do you any good to get a bunch of guesses from people that could be from anyplace on the planet.

#3 ·
I am aware of the possible necessity of making local calls....but rather than waste people's time to come out and take a look, I wanted to see if I can ballpark approx how much this job could cost. I am not looking for a quote sight unseen, but a range from those whom perform this type of work.

Thats all. Thanks

#6 · (Edited)
We are really not trying to be uncooperative but providing you with even a rough estimate on a forum like this, without seeing the job in person, would really not be fair to you just to start. With better and more complete information we might be able to suggest what to ask for so you get consistent, local bids. This is the statement the moderators came up with as far as asking for estimates. This really is the wrong place for estimates.

http://www.diychatroom.com/f2/how-much-will-cost-asking-price-estimates-here-127914/

And where are you, by the way? You might want to update your profile with basic location information. You already have three people posting for you from very different parts of the country.

One thing that concerns me about you original post is that the veneer is bowing and with cracks? I would be a tad worried about the structure under the stone! Would not be the first time, even kicking and screaming, the masons did their job over inadequate support for the stone.

Not so much for residential but in my part of the world the facing you put on a building makes a big difference and only lasts so long as it gets wet and freezes one season and heated tremendously the next. It is really something to watch a giant skyscraper getting a new exterior. I have some nice tables made out of some material I rescued.

#9 ·
Any on site quotes are going to be free, any mason I know would be glad to get a chance to come look it over.
Anyone in the trades knows there not going to get every job and go look at jobs all the time.

#16 ·
What's a mason charge in your area, what's the brick, morter, sand, going to cost, how much is your tipping fee at the land fill, how far away is the land fill.
All unknows to come up with a price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.