Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Concrete, Stone & Masonry

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-24-2012, 05:35 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 0
Share |

Concrete Slab and "popouts"

I'm having a new house built, and everytime I walk through to do a site visit, I notice these small depressions (A.K.A "popouts" I think is what they're called) in some areas of the concrete floor. There aren't many of them, but there are certainly a few where it looks like bits of concrete have chipped away from slab's surface leaving dings / divets in the polished slab finish. Some are no bigger than a quarter while others are bit larger. Today I asked the builder what they are, and he stated "that's going to happen, it's normal." I told him my concern was that they would just carpet over these depressions without addressing them first, and I proceeded to ask if they'd get patched first. He said yes, but how common are these really. I wish I had a picture, but hope a few fellow members here are familiar with what I'm describing and can shed some light on the matter to perhaps ease or affirm my concerns.

Thanks in advance,
Segal

segal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 12:03 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 0

Concrete Slab and "popouts"

Put your location in your profile.

cleveman is offline   Reply With Quote