Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Concrete, Stone & Masonry

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 02-28-2014, 01:10 PM   #1

Share |

Concrete floor of garage

Hi,

I wanted to paint my garage with something durable that will hold together at the lowest cost possible.
If it helps I live in Quebec where freeze thaw occurs.

Any advice on what to use? Im thinking epoxy coating, but not sure if there is a better option.

Thanks!

1489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 06:05 PM   #2

Concrete floor of garage

we often install epoxy coatings - maybe 2 garage floors every month,,, durable isn't cheap,,, IF you want cheap, head for the apron/vest stores - they've got it on the shelf.

prep is usually very important when applying epoxy coatings however, since you want cheap, just acid-etch, neutralize, let dry, & coat,,, we usually charge $ 5.50 minimum per sf so the avg 2car garage starts @ $ 2,500 incl full flake,,, you won't get the same results as us but, then again, you did say ' cheap ' ,,, use use epoxy primer, epoxy base coat, & polyaspartics so we can be done in a day.

friend bought the apron/vest stuff & only has to re-do it each spring not sure how that works out but its his garage ours has been down 10 yrs ( ? ) - no trouble yet

good luck !

stadry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 06:09 PM   #3

Concrete floor of garage

I've had good luck with this.
http://www.rustoleum.com/en/product-...-floor-coating
Old 03-01-2014, 02:00 AM   #4

Concrete floor of garage

think that may be the stuff my friend used & reuses
stadry is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
concrete, floor, garage, paint