Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Concrete, Stone & Masonry

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 09-12-2012, 10:47 AM   #1

Share |

Concrete Block Wood Frame Flashing

I've got a concrete block wall with a concrete wall on the other side,

Concrete block goes up 16" above grade, concrete wall is at grade, theres an 1/4" gap between the wall

Now theres is a framed wall on top of the concrete block, with wood paneling and siding

The wood paneling extends below the grade about 4", yes I know, reread its pretty freaking retarded but what I'm dealing with at the moment

if you didn't guess yet, major termite damage....anyway

Replaced all that lumber with treated lumber, but still have this paneling going below grade, going to rip it out...now on top of this the framing sits out about 1/4 outside the block wall

(see attachment)

Now my question is, is there temporary filler I can put in till i can fix the outside next spring, just something to keep bugs out and moisture...sand maybe?

And I wanna replace the first 4 feet of exterior wall with treated plywood. and then stuck and seal the block wall(maybe just seal not sure how I'll grade it yet, depends on what engineer says) but how would I frame this, what type of flashing would I use.

Thinking maybe a membrame between wood ad concrete block, and then house wrap, then going to replace siding with stucco....idk

Also where would I buy the flashing and what is the name for it?

Thanks

Not sure if this is right place to post or not....
Attached Images

rjpj is offline   Reply With Quote