Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Concrete, Stone & Masonry

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 01-26-2014, 05:57 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 0
Share |

Concrete block finishing

I have a crawl space foundation & the concret block is above ground by three rows of block. Im thinking I would like to Stucco the block & then paint the Stucco. What do I use to do the Stucco. Do I use plain Portland Cement & sand mix, or is there someting else. Also do I need to apply anything to the mix to help it stick to the block? I've also recently seen a product that you can add to the stucco that makes the block waterproof. I would like to do that as well but I can't find any information on the product you add to do this. The house is in the South where we get cold temperature now & then and while we don't really get snow we do get a lot of rain lately. Im talking about South Carolina in the Upstate region.
Thanks for any help you can give.

maddog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 04:57 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 20

Concrete block finishing

in the low country, we parge it w/white cement & color pigments, paint it w/block filler/color pigment, or ( if the house is done w/stucco ), they'll stucco the fnd walls too - same in atl,,, should be same in piedmont

stadry is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to stadry For This Useful Post:
maddog1 (01-27-2014)
Old 01-27-2014, 07:48 AM   #3

Concrete block finishing

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsreallyconc View Post
in the low country, we parge it w/white cement & color pigments, paint it w/block filler/color pigment, or ( if the house is done w/stucco ), they'll stucco the fnd walls too - same in atl,,, should be same in piedmont

I think I would like to stucco the foundation block & paint it or use a pigment in the stucco. But what do I use for the stucco. Would I mix Portland cement & sand with a color pigment or is there a Stucco material that I use. Im sure I can do the work, but not sure of what to use as this would be a first time for me. Thanks for any advice.
Maddog1
Old 01-27-2014, 08:04 AM   #4

Rewards Points: 20

Concrete block finishing

this is the stuff we use - http://www.ctscement.com/StuccoMix.asp
- [ no $ interest ] supplier's close, we've had good luck, its faster/easier 'cause its pre-measured
stadry is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to stadry For This Useful Post:
maddog1 (01-28-2014)
Old 01-28-2014, 02:19 PM   #5

Concrete block finishing

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsreallyconc View Post
this is the stuff we use - http://www.ctscement.com/StuccoMix.asp
- [ no $ interest ] supplier's close, we've had good luck, its faster/easier 'cause its pre-measured
Thanks I will check it out. Easy is what I like!

Maddog1