Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Concrete, Stone & Masonry

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 10-14-2012, 12:03 AM   #1

Share |

Concrete against older concrete foundation?

I do not have any pictures at the moment but I may try taking some in the near future. Anyways, there is this property for sale, and it has what appears to be a newer (10-15 years old) foundation poured around an old foundation. The state of the old foundation is unknown as it is covered up.

It does not appear that there is any weight on this outside concrete foundation, I have never seen anything like it before. Does anyone know what this could have been for or about. I am going to assume that the old foundation has these unknown cracks and maybe the homeowners figured they could bond old concrete with this new stuff. However, there appears to be cracks and gaps in it...and it doesn't seem to go much if any below grade. The house doesn't have a basement.

AlphaPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 09:45 AM   #2
Civil Engineer

Concrete against older concrete foundation?

Take some pictures. Your description is confusing.

Daniel Holzman is offline   Reply With Quote