Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Concrete, Stone & Masonry

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-29-2012, 02:46 PM   #1

Share |

cement floor fix

Good afternoon-My question is that in my workshop a section of concrete has fallen apart--the area is-10" x 6"-What would be the best way to correct this problem--It in the cellar and in Upstate NY--Any help will be greatly appreciated---

senior-chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 02:48 PM   #2

cement floor fix

Post a picture. your there and can see it, were not.

joecaption is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to joecaption For This Useful Post:
senior-chief (08-30-2012)
Old 08-30-2012, 01:23 PM   #3

cement floor fix

Quote:
Originally Posted by senior-chief View Post
Good afternoon-My question is that in my workshop a section of concrete has fallen apart--the area is-10" x 6"-What would be the best way to correct this problem--It in the cellar and in Upstate NY--Any help will be greatly appreciated---

Clean out the broken material,then get a bag of sakrete mix enough to fill the hole,and your done.
Canarywood1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 11:46 PM   #4

cement floor fix

Do you have an outright hole in the floor, or is the surface just broken up? A picture would help.

If the defect is deep enough, then any kind of concrete more or less will work because you can float some paste to the top to get a good finish. When you are trying to resurface areas where you just need to add 1/4" or so to the top, you need something smooth and I think it is better to make it up from portland cement and sand. I also find the concrete adhesive helps some.

LMHmedchem
LMHmedchem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 08:15 AM   #5
Too Short? Cut it Again!

cement floor fix

If it is just the surface, and budget allows, epoxy can actually work better than concrete and will bond better with the material under it. I use materials from Abatron but there are others out there. The Abatron material is very strong and easy to tool.

If the section has failed all the way down you will need to chip it out and pour and surface a new section.

Before doing anything have you determined the cause of the failure? Do you have a foot and corner of a piece of heavy shop equipment sitting on too thin a slab? If you put a veneer repair down it will fail in short order if this is the case.
user1007 is offline   Reply With Quote