Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Concrete, Stone & Masonry

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 05-30-2013, 01:29 AM   #1
Renovating My Land Yacht

Share |

Brick backslash sealant

We have used thin brick (real bricks that are sliced up then tumbled) in our mancave up north and really liked the look of this. Its real brick just a skinny version. This is not a veneer paneling but individual bricks that are laid as such.

We have a bunch of boxes of this stuff left over and I would like to put the same as a backsplash in some areas of the kitchen or on the back wall of the island. This would NOT be behind the stove, I know that it couldn't take the splatters of oil etc. But I would like to look at the option of using it in other places. Is this a total no go or can it be sealed in some way to help protect it. Only two of us here and not really messy.

Thoughts?

forcedreno2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 07:03 AM   #2

Brick backslash sealant

Can it be "sealed" yes but your still going to have a very rough surface and morter lines that would be near impossible to clean.