A Bit Of Over Kill Maybe?? - Concrete, Stone & Masonry - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Concrete, Stone & Masonry

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 01-09-2014, 12:45 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 626

A Bit of over Kill maybe??

OK getting ready to do a garage slab the HO did the prep work all I and my crew is going to do is pour scree float and finish the slab cut expansion joints in you know the back breaking work. went out to the job site he has down 6 mil poly layered to about 18 mil thick he used the whole roll of 20'x100' for a 620 sqf garage. Normally I just put down one single sheet over lap the seams by a few feet tape the seams call it good. this guy I think did over kill but I don't think any harm was done. unless Some one knows better then me. I just think he won't have a problem. So was it a waste of poly or did he do good?

Advertisement

Last edited by Nailbags; 01-09-2014 at 09:44 AM.
Nailbags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 07:26 AM   #2
Ole Wood Worker

Rewards Points: 2,836

I think it is going to be slick as the dickens walking on, with more than one layer.

Advertisement

If you aim at nothing, you will hit it every time!

Jim
BigJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 09:29 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 2,476

1 thing that probably WON'T happen is tearing the 6mil usually it gets punctured just from walking on it & pushing/shoving aggregate,,, for garage floors, we lay 1 & that's it,,, commercial & residential interior floors get stego,,, taping seams is fine for both

trust a h/o to always err on the side of o'kill especially when they're tried to learn off the i-net - good luck - he MAY want to supervise
stadry is offline   Reply With Quote