Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Concrete, Stone & Masonry

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-22-2013, 10:40 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 75

Beaver water control system

http://basementwaterproof.com/

Has anyone ever used this system?? With success?? It looks pretty shady to me but Im running out of options.
I have a minor seepage in my bsaement which I am in the process of finishing. I can not put an interior french drain because I have a monolithic footing( id have to break 3' in to footing to hit dirt)

Stcrosby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 08:05 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 2,390

we use it - so does basement systems & most other pro wtrproofers,,, no one's yet figured out how to manage leaks on unipours other than exterior excavation & genuine waterproofing

stadry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 09:49 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsreallyconc View Post
we use it - so does basement systems & most other pro wtrproofers,,, no one's yet figured out how to manage leaks on unipours other than exterior excavation & genuine waterproofing
Question, How do you pitch the water to flow toward a sump pump if these channels lay flush on the floor?

Ever install a sump pit in a uni pour slab??
Old 07-23-2013, 11:09 PM   #4

you don't,,, water has a tendency to ' seek its own level ',,, eg, can you pour a gallon on your kitchen table ? of course not because it will flow even if the table's perfectly flat,,, look at how high 1 can fill a glass of wtr - above the rim,,, how is that possible,,,,,,,, surface tension's the answer

occasionally we did install a sump & pump in a monopour but only back from the turned down edge
Old 07-24-2013, 08:52 AM   #5

In all fairness there is a big difference between a gallon of water on a table versus a small amount of water sitting in a 110' linear foot channel over somewhat level concrete slab. But I do see your point in regards to water tension and I appreciate your experience.
Old 07-24-2013, 01:42 PM   #6

' fairness ' has nothing to do w/wet bsmts UNLESS you count as fair accepting the work of a builder who built according to ' code ' most decent bldrs know better

why do you think wet bsmt claims are limited to the 1st year of a home warranty ? answer - because it generally takes longer than a year for leaks to show up inside the new homes

The Following User Says Thank You to stadry For This Useful Post:
concretemasonry (07-24-2013)