Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Concrete, Stone & Masonry

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 10-02-2012, 12:49 PM   #1

Share |

Basement foundation leaking

Just discovered that we have a leak in our basement due to a crack in the foundation. You can see in the inside image that the crack runs floor to ceiling but the water doesn't enter until about halfway down.

Rain water and sump water is sufficiently diverted away from the house, and only seems to be an issue if the sprinkler has been running in that particular area or we've had an extremely heavy rainfall. The house is only 11 years old and the outside walls have been sealed and membraned from the outside by the original builder.

I was able to start working on finishing the basement until I found this little gem. My question is what's the best way to go about fixing this. I figure that since the crack is likely all the way through the wall, that I'll need to fix/seal from both sides. I'm a fairly decent DIY'r, but I'm wondering if calling in a Pro might be the best action here.

Thoughts?
Attached Thumbnails
Basement foundation leaking-basementm.jpg   Basement foundation leaking-sideviewm.jpg   Basement foundation leaking-outsidem.jpg  
djinlondon is offline   Reply With Quote