4x4 Post Support And Stucco Over Brick Transition - Concrete, Stone & Masonry - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Concrete, Stone & Masonry

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 05-29-2013, 07:30 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 160

4x4 Post Support and Stucco Over Brick Transition

Looking to build a structure like this:
http://cwfbuilders.com/images/Pillar...or_a_patio.JPG

How deep should I go with the footer? Would you put the blocks on the footer wet?

I was thinking of using a sonotube and have it above 6-8 inches above the ground level with the rebar in it and then pour the square footer around it above 12 inches deep or is this overkill?

Advise on stucco over veneer brick... I am not doing the entire front with stucco only what will be covered by the new roof over the porch. What do you recommend doing the transition from the stucco to the brick since the stucco will be raised over the brick by a few inches??

Advertisement

ryanb4614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 03:28 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 1,164

4x4 Post Support and Stucco Over Brick Transition

The depth of your footing depends on where you are located,in other words how deep is your frost line???

Advertisement

Canarywood1 is offline   Reply With Quote