Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Windows and Doors

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 05-11-2011, 08:58 AM   #1

Share |

Window World?

Anyone have any experience working with this company. Our home inspector somehow missd the fact that all of the windows in our new 20 yr old house are moldy, rotted out, cracked, etc... We are looking at replacing 18 wooden casement windows. Anyone have any experience with window world and/or its warranty service?

T_MB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 10:44 AM   #2

Window World?

Yes, had experience with them.
Shop around, get other estimates.
Then, make a decision.

RF

rossfingal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 11:14 AM   #3

Window World?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossfingal View Post
Yes, had experience with them.
Shop around, get other estimates.
Then, make a decision.

RF

I am shopping around. I am not inquiring about their price. I am inquiring about people's experience with their quality/service.

Was your experience good or bad?
Old 05-11-2011, 12:36 PM   #4
MJW

Window World?

Have no experience with them, but I know how their business works.

Let's just say, anyone who advertises as much as they do usually don't depend on referrals. In and out with the lowest price windows and sub contractors.

I can't comment on the quality of their product because I haven't seen them in person. 99% of the time, you get what you pay for with windows.
MJW is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MJW For This Useful Post:
HomeSealed (05-11-2011), rossfingal (05-11-2011)
Old 05-11-2011, 01:50 PM   #5

Window World?

Yes, something to the effect of what "MJW" says -
"Words, right out of my mouth"!
(Except - I didn't say them!)

Regards!
rossfingal
rossfingal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 02:37 PM   #6
Pro Flooring Installer

Window World?

They did some last year at my next door neighbors. The windows are crooked. No luck getting them to come back. They scraped lead based paint too, with no tarp down.
rusty baker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 02:46 PM   #7

Window World?

Thanks....that is what my gut was telling me. I was also turned off by the "buy now" and "cut me a check for 5K today" sales attitude. I think I am going to go with a local window/siding company that uses Lindsay Windows. The local company does its own installation (no subcontractors) and has a lifetime guarantee on their labor. It will cost a lot more than WW....but windows are not something I want to skimp on.
Old 05-11-2011, 04:31 PM   #8
Home Performance

Window World?

I try to refrain from bashing other companies, but I would say that MJW's point are accurate. I'd also apply it to other companies who operate similar business models to theirs. Typically they use products that have questionable reputations, and pay their installers less than the going rate. You may get a decent window and install, but at the very least I'd say that your odds of having issues are far higher than other choices out there. I recommend that people stay away from BOTH ends of the price spectrum when it comes to window replacement. $200 is way too low to get a quality product/install, and $1000+ is what the high-pressure rip-off artists sell. In most areas, $400-$800 will be reasonable from a reputable window company depending upon options and other factors.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HomeSealed For This Useful Post:
kwikfishron (05-11-2011), oh'mike (05-14-2011), rossfingal (05-12-2011)
Old 05-31-2011, 09:31 AM   #9

Window World?

I just used Window World to replace ten windows in my sunroom. The previous windows were nothing but storm windows...so going to a double hung window is obviously a bit of an upgrade!! I had no problem with the installation at all. The installers were a father/son team that really seemed to know what they were doing! It took them most of the day to complete the job, and they took great care in removing the old windows...trust me, that was not easy!! Now the overall product may not be up to a Pella or Anderson Window..but I think for a sunroom they work just fine!!! I guess in depends on your local Window Worlds dealer in you town to! Ours in Dayton, OH has an A+ BBB rating. Did did some checking Nationwide with a wide variety of reviews! Now I have a sunroom with wall/baseboard heat and I just added a Window AC..the room is now a 365 Day use room!!! Like any company that uses Sub-contractors...I guess it depends on the luck of the draw as to how good of one you get. My installer even gave me his personal Cell # in case there where any problems down the road!
bmcnamara417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 07:55 AM   #10

Window World?

I used them
The windows are ok but the installation and removal of the windows sucked
We are still finding shards of glass in the yard and the windows were installed in December of 2010
taqwus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 08:32 AM   #11
the Musigician

Window World?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmcnamara417 View Post
Now the overall product may not be up to a Pella or Anderson Window..
I've installed these before and I think they're a bit better than Pella..... I've not had any problems with them.....yet.

DM