What Kind Of "window" Is This? - Windows and Doors - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Windows and Doors


Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2013, 08:44 PM   #1
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,405
Rewards Points: 1,648

What kind of "window" is this?

I guess technically this is not a window. As the window is really the partitions on the inside.

I am curious about the sliding metal panels on the outside. Apparently you open and close them by cranking a handle on the inside. Clockwise close, counterclockwise open.

I don't know if it is technically a hirricane panel. I have seen rolling, sliding, accordian style storm panels but not like this.

It looks like this on the outside:

On the inside:

This is the crank handle:

What is it called? Is it easy to repair and find replacement parts?


miamicuse is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What kind of cable is this? Sith717 Electrical 3 03-10-2012 01:56 PM
What kind of valve is this? mwong Plumbing 10 12-06-2011 11:33 PM
what kind of wye do I need? graysqwrl Plumbing 6 06-22-2011 04:23 PM
Painting Baseboards(does it matter what kind?) SabineTLK Interior Decorating 12 02-06-2011 07:34 AM
painting over drywall -- what kind of prep? CindyF Painting 6 01-12-2006 12:54 AM

Top of Page | View New Posts


Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1