Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Windows and Doors

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 10-20-2013, 06:55 PM   #1

Share |

Unique Cleaning Windows Situation

SITUATION
Have a two story home, only one fully useable arm, can't climb a ladder, dirty winows.

IDEA
Spray clean and rinse the five windows on the front of our house. My idea is to pre-rinse using a high pressure stream of water. Next, using a house end sprayer apply some type of heavy duty cleaner* then rinse with high pressure stream of water. Next, spray on Windex Outdoor Window Cleaner (has it's own hose end sprayer) then rinse with fine to medium spray of water. Repeat if necessary.

MY QUESTION
What would be the best heavy cleaner to spray on first? I've thought about using Simple Green or Dawn Dish Detergent.

All suggestions and comments welcome.

sore thumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 07:25 PM   #2

I think the dish detergent does a better job then the glass cleaner type products.

Dishwashers seem to achieve a sparkling clean without touching the glass, so hopefully your method will work too.

creeper is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to creeper For This Useful Post:
sore thumb (10-20-2013), Windows on Wash (10-21-2013)
Old 10-21-2013, 03:51 PM   #3
Windows & Remodeling

Have you considered a window cleaning service? They are more reasonable than you might think...
Otherwise, I'd tend to agree with the above.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

HomeSealed is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HomeSealed For This Useful Post:
sore thumb (10-21-2013), Windows on Wash (10-23-2013)