Two Doors In One Jamb On One Track? - Windows and Doors - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Windows and Doors

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 05-12-2012, 07:37 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Two doors in one jamb on one track?

I hope that i can explain this sufficiently. The entry into our kitchen from our living room has no door. The only way that you could put a door in would be to have it open into the kitchen. The layout forces us to have our fridge next to that door. We have a smaller house so adding a door there is a no-go. As you face the kitchen entry from the living room there is a door directly to your left to go upstairs. My question is if anyone knows of a way that I could have a door from that doorway close off the kitchen. Those two doorways form a 90 degree angle. Is there a way that a curved track could be ran so that a door could be stored in the stairway door but could be opened to close off the kitchen? I am thinking that the stairway jamb is wide enough to hold two doors(with no knobs, I'd install pull rings). It's impossible to cool our house without seperating the kitchen and living room. We don't have central air. That is why I ask.

Advertisement

bighit65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 07:46 PM   #2
Retired from the grind

Rewards Points: 2,502

You need a Pocket door for your situation.

Advertisement

Ren: Now listen, Cadet. I've got a job for you. See this button? Ren: Don't touch it! It's the History Eraser button, you fool! Stimpy: So what'll happen? Ren: That's just it. We don't know. Maybe something bad, maybe something good. I guess we'll never know, 'cause you're going to guard it. You won't touch it, will you?
gregzoll is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 08:45 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 664

Accordion, bi pass, bifolding. Google them.
We have no pictures or drawings to go by so everyone just going to be guessing.

http://www.accordion-door.com/
joecaption is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 08:45 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 10

Sorry I forgot that option. I can't do a pocket door because on the right side is hvac going up to the second floor. On the left side is the water heater and furnace on the other side of the wall.
bighit65 is offline   Reply With Quote