Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Windows and Doors

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-26-2013, 12:35 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Trim around window that has tile installed halfway up recess?

Hi everyone,
I'm new here and am looking for some advice on what to do with the window in my bathroom.

Right now, the entire bathroom is tiled about halfway up, and when it gets to window, the tile continues into the window recess. I removed the previous owner's valance and would like to add an inner roman shade instead, however, the window looks very unfinished so I was thinking about adding some trim around it.

Is this common practice to do or will it look weird since the trim will stop where the tile starts?It's not in my budget right now to remove/replace tile, so I'm trying to work with it as much as possible.

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Thanks!
Dylan

dleopold623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 04:47 PM   #2
Exterior Construction

Rewards Points: 2,996

Post up a picture...you will get more feedback.

Windows on Wash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 07:58 AM   #3
AHH, SPANS!!!

Rewards Points: 1,032

I assume the tile has a bullnose along the top that finishes the tile section, so a piece of window trim cut to fit atop of the bull nose that goes around the window would not look to bad. or some type of rosette/plinth block placed on top of the tile to separate the trim from the tile could work. what type of border goes around the window where it is not tiled now? is it a drywall cased window? thanks
hand drive is offline   Reply With Quote