Someone Shot My Double Hung Window With A BB Gun - Windows and Doors - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Windows and Doors

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-12-2011, 03:06 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 25

someone shot my double hung window with a BB gun

These are the kinds of windows that fold in so you can wash both sides, and I believe they are from 2006. It is a new house (to me) so I have no idea what the brand of window is. I would normally just take the whole sash out, but I can't figure out how. In the past I have opened a window and tilted it until I could jimmy it out of the frame, but this window seems to lock in place when I open it up. There are a couple of screws on the bottom of the sash that hold the sliding joint in place, but I am worried that if I unscrew them and take the window out, I will never get it back in.

So here is my question, can anyone tell me what brand of windows these are? That way I could contact the manufacturer about removing the sash.

Or if anyone has any idea on getting the sash out, let me know. I am decently handy, I just don't want to screw anything up.
Attached Thumbnails
someone shot my double hung window with a BB gun-window1.jpg   someone shot my double hung window with a BB gun-window2.jpg   someone shot my double hung window with a BB gun-window3.jpg   someone shot my double hung window with a BB gun-window4.jpg  

Advertisement

skiposwald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 11:09 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 2,000

tilt the sash 90 degrees to the frame and twist,if that doesn't work loosen the screws at the bottom on one side and slide the pin far enough back to clear the retainer

Advertisement

Tom Struble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 05:13 PM   #3
Home Performance

Rewards Points: 590

+1 to Tom's description on getting the sash out. If it is an open shoe, you'll be able to lift it right out when its tilted @ 90*, if it is closed, then you need to just force one side up until the balance raises enough for the pin to pop out. There is no brand listed on those labels, but American Craftsman/Silverline has a model 8501. That would be my best guess... Take a look or call Home Depot, that is where they are sold.
Old 03-16-2011, 11:11 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 25

Thanks. I had to beat on it quite a bit, but it finally came out.
skiposwald is offline   Reply With Quote