Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Windows and Doors

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 11-01-2012, 06:56 PM   #1

Share |

Small Doors

I am going to replace my front door. On my other house i put a biger door when i replaced the exterer doors so it would be easyer to move stuff in or out of house. It was the back door but my new house it would be evey hard to replace the back door with a wider one. Would you go to the troble and replace front door with a wider door when you did it? I not home rite now but it is small and its hard to get a frig through.

Mo Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 07:39 PM   #2
Home Performance

Small Doors

Depends on the size. 36" is very common, 34" is an "old-school" size, and 32" or less is too small for a front door IMO.

Old 11-02-2012, 06:59 AM   #3
Exterior Construction

Small Doors

+1

Wouldn't go less than 36" either.
Windows on Wash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:37 AM   #4

Small Doors

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeSealed View Post
Depends on the size. 36" is very common, 34" is an "old-school" size, and 32" or less is too small for a front door IMO.
Just commenting... My old house front door is 31" if I recall and is too small as you said. It was very challenging moving rhe furniture in. I'm hesitant installing the storm door which would make the doorway even smaller. I just left it be.
SM05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 02:15 PM   #5

Small Doors

My door is a 32. My old house had 32s and we had troble geting a frig in so i replaced it with a 36 then kitchen had a 32 opening going in to the rest of the house i opened it up also. I will get a 36 for this house.
Old 11-07-2012, 02:25 PM   #6

Small Doors

I re-measured my door last night: 29.5.
SM05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 02:47 PM   #7

Small Doors

I think at one time someone brought a frig in through the kitchen window at my house it is a little wider than the doors. My sister one time got some new chairs we got them in the front porch door but couldnt get them on in the liveing room door. The doors were the same size to. We had to remove a picture window. I was going to get a shower stall it would not go in my small doors so i was allso geting a biger door but my freind stoped me by asking how i would get it through the bathroom door.