DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Sliding Door Installation Over Concrete Slab

15K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  cobrakai 
#1 ·
I just had an Anderson A400 sliding door installed by home depot that was put on top of my concrete slab foundation. There are 2 things that I'm skeptical of after the installer put it in:

1- A few beads of silicone where put on the concrete foundation and then the patio door put in- is there any other type of flashing necessary on the bottom for a concrete installation?

2- The sill pan is flush on the left side and recessed inward about a 1/4 inch on the right side without an overhang. The installer said it was because the foundation wasn't angled straight. Picture attached....does that look right? I put the silicone down you see in the picture as a precaution.

Should I calling them to correctly install or does this sound adequate? Thanks

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I don't know about the different reveals, but since he didn't seal the sill right (no flashing is needed, but a solid, fat bead of 100% silicone should have been ran across the bottom), he probably just got sloppy with the whole install. Before you siliconed it yourself you could have sprayed the outside bottom with a hose and then called him back to see the water in your house and had him re-do it and make it the same on both sides this time.
I'll bet he didn't put any screws in the track to the floor either.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.