Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Windows and Doors

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 09-28-2012, 02:32 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

screen in an exsisting patio

I need the materials to close in my patio. Its 12ft long by 8 ft high and would like a center rail about chair rail height. I have four openings. I also have the screeen but dont know were to get the material. If possible I need a material list

dale lockwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 11:05 AM   #2

Trying to close in my patio with screen. Cant find 12 ft aluminum channel to screen it in or a material list for what I need. I have 4 openings that are 12ft by 8ft, would like a chair rail across middle of alll four openings

dale lockwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 11:23 AM   #3
Master General ReEngineer

Rewards Points: 2,062

Ayuh,.... Have ya thought of usin' Wood,..??
Bondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 09:51 PM   #4
Porches

Quote:
Originally Posted by dale lockwood
Trying to close in my patio with screen. Cant find 12 ft aluminum channel to screen it in or a material list for what I need. I have 4 openings that are 12ft by 8ft, would like a chair rail across middle of alll four openings
Sounds like you need some 2 x 2 aluminum posts and some 1 x 2 open back to go around the sides. Are you capable of rolling in the screen yourself or do you want to purchase it already screened ?
Cool-Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 10:01 PM   #5

Rewards Points: 334

I've built numerous screened porches for clients over the years. Anything from very fancy with loads of custom wood work, to aluminum kit rooms from Harvey Industries. One of the most unique and inexpensive was one we did for a client who had a very limited budget. We framed the openings with P.T. posts and in the space between we used a wooden storm door, minus the hinge and latch. It worked great. The bottom of the doors formed a lower wall or kick panel and the upper section was, of coures screened. They looked great, were a piece of cake to install, and cost around $30.00 per section.
Davejss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Davejss For This Useful Post:
mae-ling (10-17-2012)