Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Windows and Doors

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-07-2013, 12:20 PM   #1

Share |

Screen door won't close all the way

The screen/storm door for our front door has stopped closing completely. We have to remember to pull it the rest of the way closed. I'm wondering what might be causing that.

Another problem I'm having with that door concerns the window. The door has two windows that slide up and down in a track. During the winter when the screen is removed, one window is slid up to cover the top half of the space while one window stays at the bottom to cover the bottom half of the space. In the summer, both windows stay at the bottom when the screen is in place. There is a plastic piece at each side of the top of the windows that holds the window in its track. One of those pieces has broken off, so the top left corner of that window leans out. I'm holding it in place with a piece of scotch tape, but my wife says that looks tacky. She's right, of course. How might I go about fixing this?

Thanks for any assistance.

bucksone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 01:18 PM   #2

Screen door won't close all the way

Check to make sure the piston rod is not bend from someone opening the door to far or because no one installed the needed safety chain on the door.
Going to have to remove the window and pull apart to replace the whole outside corner.
There's dozens of different style it could be. Any glass company can fix it.