Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Windows and Doors

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 10-29-2012, 06:33 PM   #1
ajg

Share |

Pella casement window rot

I had Pella casement windows put in when I built my house in 2000. The warrenty is for 10 years and now,12 years out, Pella is offering a 30% discount to replace the sash on several of my casement windows which I just recently discovered are rotten. They say their newer windows have "fixed"the problem causing the wood to rot.
Should I take the chance with Pella, or spent 3 times the $$ and have completely new windows put in with different company?

ajg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 08:16 PM   #2

Pella casement window rot

Let me guess, it's a clad window?
I've replaced many a Pella and Anderson window most were clad. All had the bottom sashes rotted out.
There's a web site named "pis*ed off consumer" )I had to use an astric to get it by the censors) where hundreds of people have had it with Pella windows. Most were very well documented with facts, dates and names.
I'm amazed there going to give you any money off. What you want to bet it's 30% off of the list price.

joecaption is offline   Reply With Quote