Patio Door Immediate Help Needed!!! - Windows and Doors - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Windows and Doors

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 09-07-2011, 07:18 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 25

Patio Door Immediate Help Needed!!!

I have a french door that goes out to my deck in the back of the house. I noticed I am getting water leaking in my basement at the rim joists. I looked at the patio door and pulled back some of the siding and it seems to me that there is no flashing that they used. It seems they just ended the house wrap at the door and put on the channels for the siding. Is there not supposed to be some sort of flashing like for example 4" flashing tape? Under the door, the wood is totally exposed under the siding, I know this cannot be right. I attached some pictures to show this. How can I go about fixing this? Can I just pull all of the siding back and remove the j-channels and put in flashing tape and then move forward with reattaching the siding? I need immediate help because we keep getting a lot of rain and I can't afford to keep having water leak into my basement.
Thanks in advance.
Attached Thumbnails
Patio Door Immediate Help Needed!!!-door.jpg   Patio Door Immediate Help Needed!!!-sideofdoor.jpg   Patio Door Immediate Help Needed!!!-bottomofdoor.jpg  

Advertisement

gabel8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 08:02 PM   #2
Mod

Rewards Points: 2,480

I see no door pan flashing, no deck ledger flashing and I’m sure there are other issues.

The door needs to be removed and reinstalled with the proper flashing details.

Advertisement

Old 09-07-2011, 09:04 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 25

Does the door really have to be removed to install flashing? I was hoping this is something I could do myself. I understand how to install the flashing on the sides and top, but I was unsure what kind of flashing goes underneath the door.
gabel8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 10:46 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 2,000

This is an example
Ron6519 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ron6519 For This Useful Post:
kwikfishron (09-07-2011)