Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Windows and Doors

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 04-12-2011, 06:48 AM   #1
Household Handyman

Share |

No door jambs at Lowe's

So I live in S. Ga. where a lot of homes in the last 10 years are built with no stoop at the front or back doors. Rain hits the concrete/brick small porch and bounces up onto the doors and door frames causing the bottom 4" to rot out. I get a call to repair yet another door frame, go to my local Lowe's to get the new door jambs and cannot find them in their usual spot. I ask a sales associate and he looks at me then tells me they will no longer carry this item. We have a conversation and he knows this is a problem in this area but tells me that Lowe's has decided not to carry these anymore. BIG mistake. I go across the street, is this everywhere now, to the local HD store and they still have them. In fact they now carry the new style which has a PVC coating on the bottom 6" of the jamb. Good thing for this area. Just cannot understand Lowe's doing this.
Thurman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 07:23 AM   #2

No door jambs at Lowe's

That's why I prefer to use our local lumberyard. Better prices and they usually have what I need and know where to find it.
Just Bill is offline   Reply With Quote