Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Windows and Doors

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 04-24-2012, 10:40 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Need Help with replacement window size Urgently

I have 5 windows i need to get replaced. All are on the second floor. The measurements for the replacement window sizes that i can fit in there are 24w x 45h but the closest windows i can find that are 9 inches shorter than what i need. How can i put replacement windows in when i have to make up the 9 inch gap in there? Im a renter and my landlord is a cheap @$$ and doesnt wanna pay an actual window company to replace them so and doesnt wanna pay a butt load for custom sized windows either. Is there anything i can do?

windowlost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 12:59 PM   #2
Exterior Construction

Rewards Points: 2,460

Custom sized windows are not that expensive and in most cases are the same cost as a stock sized unit.

Windows on Wash is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 01:04 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 3,004

Almost all replacement windows are made to size, not even sure how places like Lowes and HD can sell them, I've never once found one on the shelf the right size.

The landlord is paying for these, right?
joecaption is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 12:31 AM   #4

Rewards Points: 2,000

You do realize you will be liable for any windows you install? Water leaks, breakage at install, egress sized for bedrooms, etc....

Gary
P.S. Welcome to the forums!