Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Windows and Doors

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 02-26-2013, 05:58 PM   #1

Share |

Install Quote

Got a quote from a guy today to replace two wood windows that are about 33x51 with two new construction windows that are 45x55. He explained about building a new frame and header etc.. He quoted me $350 for install per window plus materials. Is this high?
Mstrlucky74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 06:13 PM   #2
Residential Designer

Send a message via Skype™ to AndyGump

Install Quote

If he is a quality installer, I would say he is cutting himself very short on price.

Even if your siding is just wood or vinyl.

Andy.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
AndyGump is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 06:18 PM   #3

Install Quote

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyGump View Post
If he is a quality installer, I would say he is cutting himself very short on price.

Even if your siding is just wood or vinyl.

Andy.
Wow okay thanks. The window and door place I bought the windows from said(even with quoting ME the price of the window) it should be about 150-200 per window. IDK
Old 02-26-2013, 10:06 PM   #4
Windows & Remodeling

Install Quote

I'd have to agree with the above comments. I've seen some conflicting info in your posts across the various boards, so I want to be sure that im understanding the situation accurately. If you are talking about re- framing and finishing of an opening, that is not too far off from a " cut- in " which can run run $500 to $1000 plus. Your numbers of $150 to $200 should cover a standard install, but when you are enlarging the size of an opening, that takes a job from 1 to 2 hrs each, to half a day each or more depending on circumstances.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by HomeSealed; 02-26-2013 at 10:26 PM.
HomeSealed is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to HomeSealed For This Useful Post:
Mstrlucky74 (02-27-2013)
Old 02-27-2013, 05:45 AM   #5

Install Quote

Agreed home sealed
kaschmid3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:39 AM   #6

Install Quote

Did the company giving you that price having all the info and come to see the job? Or just sit behind the deck and shoot there self in the foot by guessing and trying to low ball the other company?
joecaption is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:25 AM   #7

Wink

Install Quote

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecaption View Post
Did the company giving you that price having all the info and come to see the job? Or just sit behind the deck and shoot there self in the foot by guessing and trying to low ball the other company?
He was the guy selling the Soft lite windows to me.....he was aware of the new frame needed and header... But on the phone
Old 02-27-2013, 11:58 AM   #8
Windows & Remodeling

Install Quote

Nothing wrong with a range or "ballpark", put certainly a site inspection would be necessary for an accurate price.

HomeSealed is offline   Reply With Quote