How To Remove The Outside Sash On A PELLA Window To Replace A Broken Glass - Windows and Doors - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Windows and Doors

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-15-2013, 03:31 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

how to remove the outside sash on a PELLA window to replace a broken glass

I have Pella windows from around 1985 with blinds in them. The outside glass is broken and I need to remove the outside part to replace the glass. I want to do it right and not just guess. Please help.

Advertisement

sylvia43551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 03:35 PM   #2
Retired from the grind

Rewards Points: 2,460

Post pictures of what you are dealing with. If it is the storm, you usually have to open up the inside window, then the unit will swing in, when you release it from the channels. If it is the actual window itself, it would be removed from inside the house.

Is this a double hung Sash, or Single hung opening window? What is the model # on the plate that is on the window? A local glass company will usually come out and pull the unit, replace the glass on site sometimes. Check around and get some quotes, and let the experts deal with it.

The best thing to do if you want info, is go to http://www.pella.com/support-center/...y/default.aspx Also Pella has experts licensed by them in almost all areas, use their locate at the bottom of that page, to find someone that Pella allows to do work and will warranty it.

Advertisement

Ren: Now listen, Cadet. I've got a job for you. See this button? Ren: Don't touch it! It's the History Eraser button, you fool! Stimpy: So what'll happen? Ren: That's just it. We don't know. Maybe something bad, maybe something good. I guess we'll never know, 'cause you're going to guard it. You won't touch it, will you?

Last edited by gregzoll; 08-15-2013 at 03:38 PM.
gregzoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 06:34 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 10

pic of window and inside bottom
Attached Thumbnails
how to remove the outside sash on a PELLA window to replace a broken glass-window-004.jpg   how to remove the outside sash on a PELLA window to replace a broken glass-window-001.jpg  
sylvia43551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 08:46 PM   #4
Retired from the grind

Rewards Points: 2,460

Casement window, you have to remove those arms, and then you will be able to detach it from the hinges on the left. Contact Pella at the link I posted, and they will have like I stated, one of their licensed reps contact you, have the window replaced in no time, vs. taking it into a glass shop and waiting a couple of days to go pick it back up.

Plus they will go through and lube the mechanisms, replace any parts missing or broken if you put that in the work order.
Ren: Now listen, Cadet. I've got a job for you. See this button? Ren: Don't touch it! It's the History Eraser button, you fool! Stimpy: So what'll happen? Ren: That's just it. We don't know. Maybe something bad, maybe something good. I guess we'll never know, 'cause you're going to guard it. You won't touch it, will you?
gregzoll is offline   Reply With Quote