Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Windows and Doors

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 10-25-2012, 12:13 PM   #1

Share |

Help with finding weatherstripping for my old (mid 1960's) wood sash double hungs!

Well, winter is upon us once again. I am making an honest effort to seal up the windows to make the house more comfortable. I took the sashes out of my sons windows and found the vinyl strip between the sashes where the lock is located to be completely deteriorated and needing replacement. I have a picture of one I took out of a different window for reference.

I have had no luck finding a replacement for this stuff, what is the alternative solution for sealing between the panes? This vinyl trim is also along the bottom of the lower sash. I figured I could just replace that with decent quality foam or felt.

Thoughts?

Thanks all.
Attached Thumbnails
Help with finding weatherstripping for my old (mid 1960's) wood sash double hungs!-window.jpg  
240sx4u is offline   Reply With Quote