Help - Entry Foyer Closet Doors - Slider, Help On Bottom Hardware - Windows and Doors - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Windows and Doors

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-15-2016, 06:34 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 168
Question

Help - Entry Foyer Closet Doors - Slider, help on bottom hardware

Evening all... Im remodeling and increasing the size of our entry foyer closet. It's directly behind the front door when it swings open and we were thinking of going with 4 or 5 foot sliders. My concern is I really hate the little hardware tab/groves that go in the middle. Are there any other options for the bottom without it being noticable? We are going with all hardwood in the space and don't have room above for the barn door slider type. HELP!!

Advertisement

nutshellml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 07:20 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 14

Re: Help - Entry Foyer Closet Doors - Slider, help on bottom hardware

If you insist on sliders I have no suggestions. However, in my rental houses where the master bedroom closets have sliders, i remove them and pack the opening narrower to accept a 36" door. I have also used what i call french doors on some closets which are two slab doors one hinged on the left, the other hinged on the right, with bullet catches on the top. They meet in the center and take up far less floor space than one large door. I am not sure if that helps you or not.

Sent from my LG-D415 using Tapatalk

Advertisement

jeffmattero76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 07:33 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 744

Here's what I did with my entry foyer closet "doors", in this case a laundry closet. This closet is behind the front door when it is open.

Not for everyone, but if you don't have a lot of little kids running around who might bang into it, it's an inexpensive and unique option. And no little hardware doo-dads sticking out the floor.

Attached Thumbnails
Help - Entry Foyer Closet Doors - Slider, help on bottom hardware-l3.jpg   Help - Entry Foyer Closet Doors - Slider, help on bottom hardware-l4.jpg  

Last edited by ZZZZZ; 08-17-2016 at 07:45 AM.
ZZZZZ is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 08-17-2016, 07:50 AM   #4

Rewards Points: 3,903

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutshellml View Post
. My concern is I really hate the little hardware tab/groves that go in the middle. Are there any other options for the bottom without it being noticable?
I assume you mean the bottom track???????

Bi-fold or the above suggested french style doors are about the only other option. Pocket doors might work. A faux wood grain finish on the bottom track might work.