Hard To Find Door Sweep For Metal Door - Windows and Doors - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Windows and Doors

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 09-21-2013, 06:39 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Hard to find door sweep for metal door

Hello all, I've been struggling to find a door sweep for my metal door, it's about 10 years old but I don't know who it's made by. I haven't had any luck on Amazon, at Lowe's or Home Depot.

The base is made of plastic and has 2 fins (about an 1.25" apart) that just allow it to snap into the bottom of the door. The entire sweep is about 1.5" inches wide, so the fins are pretty close to the edge of the plastic base. The bottom just has a few vinyl strips.

I have attached some images, hoping someone can tell me where I can buy these. Thanks for any help!

Advertisement

diyourselfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 08:18 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 602

That's a new one on me.
There's lots of them that could replace that one and just staple or nail on to the bottom of the door.
Most often the door or threshold is out of whack causing the sweeps failure.

Advertisement

Old 09-22-2013, 12:25 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 2,680

check walmart. i think they have those.
Fix'n it is offline   Reply With Quote