Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Windows and Doors

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 06-03-2013, 10:36 PM   #1
GBunny

Share |

egress window

in Mississauga Ontario what is the size of an egress window? would the building inspector have to access inside of house or only the outside to inspect window?

GBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 05:21 AM   #2

egress window

I assume you have a new build. You will not be issued an occupancy permit until it passes all inspections and yes they will want to come inside

http://find.gov.on.ca/?searchType=si...=egress+window

creeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 03:29 PM   #3
GBunny

egress window

What size is an egress window in Mississauga?

Are they mandatory for basement bedrooms?

Does anything special have to be done with the grading too?
GBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 04:17 PM   #4

Location: Minneapolis/St. Paul, Minnesota - Latitude 45.057 Longitude -93.074

egress window

Just check your local building code. Inspectors hate to reject something not done right because it complicates their job.

Do just do it right and legal and not waste time and money on something that could reduce your eventual selling price or number that will qualify for a mortgage. If it is not legal the area cannot be used to give a market price for someone financing the eventual sale.

Dick
concretemasonry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 06:38 PM   #5
Home Performance

egress window

Quote:
Originally Posted by concretemasonry View Post
Inspectors hate to reject something not done right because it complicates their job.

Dick
If only that was the rule, and not the exception! Perhaps the inspectors across state lines are more friendly than they are around here. Other than that, I agree with Dick's advice. Check with your local building dept and proceed from there. Do it the right way the first time
Old 07-24-2013, 08:18 PM   #6

egress window

Never heard of needing on in a bathroom, just the sleeping area.
Old 07-24-2013, 09:05 PM   #7

Location: Minneapolis/St. Paul, Minnesota - Latitude 45.057 Longitude -93.074

egress window

HomeSealed -

That is because I am across the river from the Republic as Wisconsin, as it was referred to when I was involved in materials, codes and construction. At one time, they refused to adopt any standard without writing in the locally influenced amendments that created exceptions and problems for everyone.

We only had 10% of our sales in WI, but the costs for testing and certifying the concrete block were more than what was required for MN, ND, SD, IA and IL since they had recognized standards. The crazy requirements were embarrassing since I was on several code and standards committees. Pity the poor architects that had to write specs for the nonsensical standards.

We had a project (200,000 blocks) that had a specifications problem that requested the president of the testing company that WI normally used for testing to state materials normally and he stated that the materials that were supplier were supplied were superior to the materials for the purpose. - It made me feel good, even though my many of my ancestors grew up there and I lived 10 miles from the border. They even kept me on the committees because I was also on the national committees.
Fortunately, things (like wine) improve with age.

Dick

concretemasonry is online now   Reply With Quote