Canadian Triple Pane Fiberglass Windows - Windows and Doors - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Windows and Doors

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 09-30-2012, 05:27 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 250

Canadian Triple Pane Fiberglass Windows

Anyone ever use Accurate Dorwin windows out of Canada? They offer triple pane fiberglass windows with U-Values of <0.20.

I tried Marvin Integrity fiberglass but they cannot make triple pane and their double pane numbers don't impress me.

Advertisement

JackOfAllTrades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:40 AM   #2
Exterior Construction

Rewards Points: 3,292

U-Factors of sub 0.20 in triple pane are nothing to write home about as far as being a world beater.

Check out InLine fiberglass windows. They basically invented the technology and there is zero comparison between their pultrusion.

They use Cardinal glass packages and have optional 5 layer glass systems that will drive the U-Factor numbers into the low teens.

Advertisement

Windows on Wash is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 02:51 PM   #3
Home Performance

Rewards Points: 590

How long ago did you get that info on the Marvin? They recently started offering triple pane glass. I'm not sure if that applies to the Integrity though.... In my experience, most folks that are very concerned about excellent performance ratings are not buying Marvin.
The Inline mentioned above has some phenomenal ratings as far as fiberglass products go.
Old 10-02-2012, 02:22 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeSealed View Post
How long ago did you get that info on the Marvin? They recently started offering triple pane glass. I'm not sure if that applies to the Integrity though.... In my experience, most folks that are very concerned about excellent performance ratings are not buying Marvin.
The Inline mentioned above has some phenomenal ratings as far as fiberglass products go.
Just a month ago. Marvin started doing triple pane but they are very limited in what sizes they can do, right now they can only do small window dimensions in triple pane and the price is pretty high. They also are not using the same glazing spacing that Canadian triple pane manufacturers use, it is much narrower and that reduces the efficiency of the window.
Old 10-02-2012, 02:40 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windows on Wash View Post
U-Factors of sub 0.20 in triple pane are nothing to write home about as far as being a world beater.

Check out InLine fiberglass windows. They basically invented the technology and there is zero comparison between their pultrusion.

They use Cardinal glass packages and have optional 5 layer glass systems that will drive the U-Factor numbers into the low teens.
I did get a quote from Inline but it was about 50% more expensive.

I'm looking at the U-Value numbers right now and they are identical. As far as U-Values, the Accurate Dorwin #'s are identical to the Inline #'s.

From what I read both Inline and Accurate Dorwin use the same fiberglass poltrusion process. How do they differ?