Best Practices for Flashing Window With Stucco?
I did my obligatory Google search on how to flash a window....but I didn't find anything that covered windows that will be stucco'd in.
This is California....where stucco is the norm.
I also had a friend (GC) who told me his method....
1. Prime and paint the rough framing portion
2. Line the sill with Butyl tape.
3. Use butyl tape on the sides in the same way you would with tar paper
4. Install window and make plumb
5. Once again, flash on the outside of the nail flange
6. Wrape house
One other issue....
I made my rough openings about 3/4" to 1" larger. I just recieved my windows....they made them about 1/2" smaller....so now, if I set the window on the sill, I'll have about 1 1/5" gap at the top.....
Should I shim it at the bottom to make for an equal gap top and bottom? Or just rip a board to fill in the top gap?
if you have not already wrapped the windows it is probably easier to add in just the filler at the top. the windows need to match the height of the other windows but it might not be noticed if just 1" higher than the other windows...
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:57 AM.|