Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Insulation

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 01-16-2014, 07:51 PM   #1

Share |

Spray foam question

Finishing my basement and decided to use closed cell spray foam in stead of foam board, fiber glass or anything else. Studs are built a half inch off block walls, etc.... Only going to spray the exterior walls which amount to about 1500 sq ft. Was about to buy the Foam it Green product need 3 packs of the 602 which will work out to about a buck a foot or a bit more since each pack is $600.

Question is, is there any other product which is less expensive and will work just as well? Is green a good product? What do you all recommend and why?

Olcrazy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 07:25 AM   #2

Spray foam question

I haven't looked at their site in a while, but the numbers you're talking about are probablyonly only at an inch thick. To really do anything you're going to want to double or triple your amounts. I was going to do it, but it just went with foam board fully sealed and roxul.

Reading people's horror stories of application issues made me not want to even deal with it. Sounds like they don't really honor their warranty either and just blame everything on user error.

mikegp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 02:40 PM   #3
Professional

Spray foam question

Get some quotes from insulation contractors, it will probably work out cheaper. mikegp is right that it's probably for only 1" thick so you will need $600 x 2 or 3. Plus all the plastic to cover windows and a safety suit and a mask, etc.
TotalHomeworx is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TotalHomeworx For This Useful Post:
Windows on Wash (01-18-2014)
Old 01-18-2014, 05:45 PM   #4
Exterior Construction

Spray foam question

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotalHomeworx View Post
Get some quotes from insulation contractors, it will probably work out cheaper. mikegp is right that it's probably for only 1" thick so you will need $600 x 2 or 3. Plus all the plastic to cover windows and a safety suit and a mask, etc.
+1

Froth packs are only good in small applications like band joists and other small area locations.

Not only will the foam be a better mixture from a contractor with reactors, but it will probably be cheaper.
Windows on Wash is online now   Reply With Quote