Living/Garage Wall And Spray Foam Install Question - Insulation - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Insulation

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 04-02-2014, 08:14 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Living/Garage wall and spray foam install question

I called to get some estimates on spray foam insulation and asked how they spray the foam for the common walls between the living area and the garage. They told me that the drywall is installed in the garage first and then they spray the foam. Drywall guys don't want to start the garage and wait for the spray foam guys to do the rest. Anyone have suggestions on how to get this done? I thought about using some of that 1/4" fan fold foam board to put on the garage side of the wall and have them spray the foam on that and then the drywall can be placed over the fan fold board.

Howard

Advertisement

HowardBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 09:13 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 5,250

Need more info.
Is this a new constructed house, or a garage being added to a house?
If I was going to make a mess with spray foaming a wall I'd want the mess in the garage not inside the house.

Advertisement

Old 04-02-2014, 09:30 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 10

Sorry, new construction. All I have up now is the framed walls. Garage is attached.
HowardBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 01:59 AM   #4
Exterior Construction

Rewards Points: 5,614

Don't use the fan fold board but if you want some rigid board, that should work.
Windows on Wash is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 09:56 PM   #5

Rewards Points: 3,100

Faced, on garage side only- Fig.3-41; http://books.google.com/books?id=Eq1...page&q&f=false

ADA the drywall on garage side to keep the hot moist air from condensing on the cold studs (R-1.25 per inch) from AC; http://www.buildingscience.com/docum...wall-approach/

Gary
PS. do the lid if living space above, Fig.7; http://www.buildingscience.com/docum...n-crawlspaces/