Our gas log fireplace puts out so much heat that the bottom side of the mantle gets very hot. The previous owners had all wiring for the TV over the fireplace so the TV is mounted there and the wires are hidden under the mantle (it is not solid). I'm concerned about the heat on the wires. Can you suggest an insulation or other material that I could use to deflect the heat and keep the wiring under the mantle from getting hot.
I used aluminum foil as a quick, temporary shield. I think I need something more substantial, and removable so I can get to the wires. My husband thinks it needs to be some type of insulation to keep the heat out.
Thanks for the suggestion.
Last edited by sht; 11-09-2012 at 10:11 AM.