Help With Damp Proof Membrane - Insulation - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Insulation

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 01-07-2017, 01:01 PM   #1

Help with damp proof membrane

Hi everyone i am trying to insulate my garage to stop the tin roof from dripping with condensation etc. I understand the best method for this is to open vents to allow air to exchange which i will be doing. Anyway i also plan to insulate my garage to keep it nice and warm by building a false ceiling ? Not a joiner so this may be the wrong term. My garage is built from breezeblocks with a slab floor and corrugated sheet roof. I have purchased 12mm external grade ply , **** loads of 2x2 (got free) , 10 sheets of 50mm thick polystyrene insulation sheets , a 25x4m roll of visqueen damp proof membrane and some good spray glue + expanding foam. I plan to have a 50mm(ish) gap between the tin roof and false ceiling. My question is would the damp proof membrane be better directly glued to the tin roof or is it better to be placed on top of my insulation/framework before the ply sheets go on ? Im by no means a joiner or have ever claimed to be one so any help would be greatly appreciated thanks guys

Advertisement

Dc92 is offline   Reply With Quote