Finishing the garage with insulation and drywall.
I want to finish my garage with insulation and drywall. It is a ranch style home with an attached garage. The attic above the house is open to the attic area above the garage. I do not plan on heating the garage. I just want it to be warmer than outside during the winter months. I am worried about the effects of moisture.
1. I plan on putting 9" insulation in the garage ceiling and 3/12" insulation in the walls.
2. Should I isolate the attic area above the house with a wall between the attic above the garage?
3. Should I use a moisture barrier in the garage walls (walls that face the outside) or ceiling?
4. Should a moisture barrier be used in the wall between the house and garage?
5. Should I install moisture resistant drywall (5/8" for ceiling and 1/2" for walls?
6. Should I install a ventilation fan?
7. Should a drain with a drywell be installed to cut down on water build up from melting snow?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Before anyone can ansewer insulation or venting related questions you need to go back and edit you profile with your location.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:15 PM.|
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.