Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Insulation

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 02-21-2012, 10:19 AM   #1

Share |

Basement Insulation

Hello all,
I have been reading this board for a long time and it has helped me with the DIY project of finishing my basement.I have all the proper permits, and etc.

I am at the insulation phase, and had a few questions that I seem to be confused about. I have seen many discussion on this topic, but still looking for some more help.

I have insulated the entire basement (3 walls are at ground level, and 1 wall is concrete/under ground level, my basement is a walk-out basement)they are insulated with ROXUL and now I will be starting the 6mil poly vapor barrier.

My questions are in regards to tape for the seams/outlets and caulking. Do I caulk and tape at the top and bottom plates? How about the outlets, once i cut the outlet opening, do i use caulk or tape?

Which caulking and or tape should be used? I have only seen the Tyvek tape at Home Depot. Is this OK to use? Also, which caulking should be used?

I am located in MASS.

Thank you all for you help, sorry for the newbie quesitons, as I am learning as I go.

NewbieDIY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 12:10 AM   #2

Basement Insulation

Welcome to the forums!

I'd use: http://www.buildingscience.com/docum...study-analysis

Pick a Case # and we'll go through it in detail....
Everyone is new once.

Gary