Attic Insulation - Insulation - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Insulation

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 05-03-2014, 11:24 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Attic insulation

I've been reading and reading and reading. I have more questions than answers but no one will accuse me of not researching. I'm ''cursed" by having my bedroom under the attic and over the garage. As you might imagine, it's freezing. My first intended project is the attic. Here are some pictures and I will refer to them as I make my questions.
Attached Thumbnails
Attic insulation-attic2.jpg   Attic insulation-attic3.jpg   Attic insulation-attic6.jpg   Attic insulation-attic5.jpg  

Advertisement

Last edited by simagic; 05-03-2014 at 11:30 AM.
simagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 03:11 PM   #2
Retired from the grind

Rewards Points: 2,460

Attic insulation

The floor between the garage & room should have Spray foam in that area. As for the attic. Blown insulation is best for keeping any heat from leaking up there during the Winter time.

But with that angle. You are better off using a Spray insulation. It does appear that Batt is too tightly packed in.

Advertisement

Ren: Now listen, Cadet. I've got a job for you. See this button? Ren: Don't touch it! It's the History Eraser button, you fool! Stimpy: So what'll happen? Ren: That's just it. We don't know. Maybe something bad, maybe something good. I guess we'll never know, 'cause you're going to guard it. You won't touch it, will you?
gregzoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 03:15 PM   #3

Attic insulation

Yes, thank you. That's why i said I was going to blow in the cellulose. It's the issues mentioned ( particularly about the space around the baffles) that I was most inquiring about.
Old 05-03-2014, 05:16 PM   #4
Retired from the grind

Attic insulation

You cannot blow in insulation, due to the angle of that wall. Also you need breathing area between the ceiling of the garage and the floor of the room above.
Ren: Now listen, Cadet. I've got a job for you. See this button? Ren: Don't touch it! It's the History Eraser button, you fool! Stimpy: So what'll happen? Ren: That's just it. We don't know. Maybe something bad, maybe something good. I guess we'll never know, 'cause you're going to guard it. You won't touch it, will you?
The Following User Says Thank You to gregzoll For This Useful Post:
Windows on Wash (05-03-2014)
Old 05-03-2014, 06:00 PM   #5

Attic insulation

There appears to be 2 posts (posted by me). One is incomplete of all my info. Please see my post with the time of posting being 3:55pm for a full description of what I'm talking about. That should clear up what I'm talking about. Not talking about anything to do with the garage right now. These are not pictures of a garage. This is the attic. You will see upon reading that post

Last edited by simagic; 05-03-2014 at 06:03 PM.
Old 05-03-2014, 06:17 PM   #6
Retired from the grind

Attic insulation

See my posts regarding the attic. There is nothing more to state.

Advertisement